Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas survey

So it has been a long time since I last posted. Blah. I've been pretty busy with the dance studio-- the holiday show is next weekend and I have so. much. to. do. Sickening. But anyhow... I thought I would post a little holiday survey listed by my favorite senior dance student, Kelsey on her blog
So here goes:

1) What is your favorite Christmas movie? Like Kelsey, I can't just pick one... I love the Griswalds in "Christmas Vacation", "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby, "Elf", "The Santa Claus", and nearly all the Christmas cartoon specials that are now on DVD/video instead of just television.

2)What is your favorite Christmas-type special TV program/programs? I enjoy the 25 Days of Christmas on ABC family, like Kelsey, also. But I just love to watch all of the old cartoons that are replayed on television each year: Charlie Brown, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, etc.

3) What is your favorite Christmas song/album? I don't know that I have a favorite album. I love several different songs, too-- traditional as well as contemporary/modern.

4) Who do you give presents to? My family, friends, dance helpers, co-workers, and pretty much anyone else I can justify buying a gift for! I love gift giving!

5) What is your favorite tradition? I love decorating the tree and putting up the rest of the decor while listening to Christmas music and watching movies. I LOVE our Christmas eve tradition of getting together with my dad's side of the family. And as much as I grumble about it, I do like Black Friday shopping a little bit :)

6) When do you start decorating? Growing up we always put up all the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving. Now that I'm a married adult with my own house, I like to put them up over Thanksgiving break sometime. I'm working on getting that stuff taken care of this weekend, but it isn't looking good right now :/ Typically it is done the by the weekend after Thanksgiving weekend though.

7) When do you start getting in the Christmas mood? Well, since Christmas decorations are put out right after Halloween now in the stores, that is usually a good springboard for me. But my big excitement arrives after Thanksgiving because as much as I love Christmas, I also love Thanksgiving and don't wish to miss out on that.

8) How do you pass the long weeks before Christmas? I listen to the music a lot (studio, car, home, etc). I bake cookies. I shop. I wrap gifts. I decorate.

9) What is better giving or receiving? I am 100% with Kelsey on this... I love to receive gifts (who doesn't!?!) but seriously the bigger joy is picking out the perfect gifts and watching the happiness and joy on people's faces when they open what I've gotten them. :)

10) What is your favorite element of Christmas? I love the reminder that it is Christ's birthday-- the snow on Christmas morning-- the love that you feel "outloud" this time of year-- people's generosity and giving to those in need--the brother/sisterhood that is felt-- peace

2 comments:

  1. ha your ONLY senior dance student...so many of our answers are the same! yay! I STINKING LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!! Oh, and YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Kels, I didn't want to point out that you are the only one-- but I think you'd still be my favorite senior dance student even if there were more-- I just couldn't say it b/c I don't "pick favorites" :) Love you too!

    ReplyDelete